My graduate work had been in a bit of a drought for most of this summer; in part because of being sick for so much of it, and in part just because I was feeling very stuck. Yesterday I finally decided to be proactive and shoot, so I tore apart my bedroom to create a makeshift studio of sorts (behind the scene image below, with the fabric backdrop already torn down). I haven’t edited them most of them yet, and haven’t pieced them together, but this was the first one I got to and was pretty excited about the image on its own, so I wanted to share.
While I was wrapping things up with the more “serious” images, I decided to play with the light a little, since I love the way light works its way through glass.
And as mentioned, the behind-the-scenes image. The sheet was held up over the window using blue painter’s tape. When the light is right and motivation strikes you make things work!
Here are two others that I liked from the shoot a month ago. I have found a new obsession with fabric in my self-portraits, and have a couple more images in mind with it. Hopefully I can get those shot in the next few weeks.
And a few behind the scenes shots for you all. And a chance for me to introduce you all to the greatest photo assistant of all time, Scott. He was willing to sit there wrapped in tulle while I figured out my composition and such, and still managed to look manly 🙂