I had such big plans for this image. I had gone out to shoot fully expecting flames (I even brought a cup of water to put them out), but instead the roses just smoked for the most part (even though they had been dry for over a year). I had debated even editing them, let alone posting. But, as part of my growth as an artist I am trying to learn to roll with the “failed” shoots and turn them into something even when they don’t go according to plan. I have been in a huge artistic rut for most of the summer, and this is, in a small way at least, my attempt at getting out of it.
I have been busy planning for the class I will be teaching this semester, and so when I saw the beautiful light in the empty classroom this evening I had to grab a shot. Ironically enough the file number is the same as the course number I will be teaching. And, this is my first photograph in daylight in 4 days, so that is exciting.
Yesterday I spent the afternoon with my bridesmaid, and we stopped by the ceremony site for my wedding. I wasn’t excited about planning this wedding until I found this location, and now I cannot wait for everything to come together.